Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If You Are Eating Whole Grains.....


I used to be a really big fan of whole grains - the works - wholegrain brown rice, millet, quinoa, and oats.  And I would have them for breakfast every morning.

The fact is, I was always hungry on them.  And they didn't make me feel full longer as what the press suggests.  In fact, they made me feel even hungrier than I was before eating them.  And I lost weight on them!  (That's not a good sign on me).  

Well, I've stopped eating them on such a regular basis now.  Ever since I found out that if you don't soak them / ferment them / prepare them properly, they can end up as anti-nutrients instead - robbing you of the other minerals that are in the rest of your foods!
There are some excellent articles on the scientific basis here.  Check out the comments!  These people are serious!

It now even seems that if you don't have the opportunity to soak / ferment your brown rice, it's far better to eat white rice!  At least white rice doesn't have those anti-nutrients!

No comments:

Post a Comment